- 1 (approximately 2-pound) butternut or other sweet squash
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, trimmed and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, on a jelly-roll sheet and bake until softened, approximately 45 minutes. Remove squash pulp and fully cool.
In a sauté pan, place the olive oil, onions and garlic. Sauté until softened but do not allow to brown. Cool.
Place squash, sautéed onion, and garlic into a food processor; process until smooth. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients; process to combine.
Serve warm or cold with grainy chips or thinly sliced Featherstone Farm bread.
Ref: Featherstone Pottery Fall Sale 2014